Justin Lim Photography (“Kandid Productions Ltd” / “The Photographer”)
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- A booking fee as well as your acceptance of these terms is required to hold the date of your event. No date is considered reserved until the booking fee is received and these terms are accepted.
- After the acceptance of these terms, the booking fee is non-returnable. If the event is cancelled within 1 week of the agreed date, the Client shall pay the entire fee agreed. In the event of a postponement, the parties shall agree to apply the fee to another date. Any costs incurred by the Photographer in arranging another date for the shoot or event shall be borne by the Client.
- The Photographer is not responsible for events beyond his control which result in sub-standard photos such as the interference of guests and the limitations of the venue selected.
- Where an event overruns outside of the original scope of the agreed fee and the Client requests that the Photographer continues to take photos, the Photographer shall be entitled to charge a fee for the extra time.
- In the unlikely event of a catastrophic double memory card failure, the Photographer’s liability shall be limited to the repayment of the fees already paid by the Client in respect of the event.
- Every reasonable effort will be made to take photos in the style requested by the Client, but no specific pose or photograph can be guaranteed.
- The Photographer shall use his discretion in selecting and editing the final set of photos and is not required to show the Client photos that the Photographer considers unsuitable or below the required standard. The Photographer’s judgment in matters such as colour balance, exposure, tone, cropping and contrast shall be considered final.
- The Photographer shall be entitled to decline any editing requests which do not fit the style of the Photographer’s existing portfolio. Furthermore, images may not be altered, varied or cropped by the Client or third parties.
- The Client agrees that the Photographer shall be entitled to withhold delivery of the final package of photos until such time when full payment is made.
- The finished package of photos shall be delivered by digital means, in high-resolution JPEG format, by way of the Photographer’s third party gallery supplier. The Photographer shall not be responsible for any loss incurred as a result of the third party gallery supplier’s failure.
- The Photographer shall have the right to any photographs taken for his own promotional purposes. This can include exhibitions, campaigns and social media. All photographs remain the sole copyrighted property of Justin Lim Photography / Kandid Productions Ltd. The client waives any claim of ownership, income or editorial control.
- The grant of any licence to the Client to use the images is conditional upon receipt of full payment. The Client may reproduce the images as many times as desired, as long as used for personal means or for the purposes agreed on. The Client shall not supply the photos to any third parties (such as magazines) without the consent of the Photographer. If the Photographer consents to such third party use, the Client agrees to credit the Photographer as Justin Lim Photography.
- The Client is expressly prohibited from sharing the images with any third parties until payment in full has been made.
- Nothing in these terms shall prevent the Client from sharing the photographs with friends and family by way of social media or e-mail (provided payment in full has been made). The Photographer shall be credited as Justin Lim Photography in any social media posts or @hurtingbombz in the case of Instagram with a clear tag in the caption.
- It is the Client’s sole responsibility to ensure model releases and rights to access property have been properly obtained.
- The Photographer shall not be responsible or liable for any lost images as a result of the failure of the client’s data storage devices.
- In the event the Photographer falls sick on the day of the event booking, every effort shall be made to supply a replacement. In any event the Photographer’s liability shall be limited to repayment of the fees paid by the Client.
- These terms are subject to alteration or cancellation by either party owing to unforeseen events beyond their control such as Act of God.
- These terms are governed by applicable local law being the law of the HKSAR and shall not be varied unless both parties agree to do so in writing.
If your booking includes use of The Kandid, click here to see applicable venue hire terms: The Kandid Venue Hire Terms